Holy heck! I got nominated for an award!
Samantha over at foodflavorfascination has nominated me for an award. Samantha has a great site with some cool recipes and some sexy pics.
Of food. Food pics. Pictures of food. Get your mind out of the gutter.
Thanks for nomination!
Liebster Award Rules and Requirements
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
11 Completely True and Verifiable Fact About Me:
1. I’ve lived in suburban Philadelphia for my entire life and have no intention of leaving this area. Unless zombie apocalypse.
2. I can tell the difference between butter and “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.”
3. I have entered several karaoke contests in my life. I have won only once.
4. Piggy backing on the last one, I sang at my sister’s wedding – by request! It was not a drunken dare that ruined the celebration.
5. Die Hard is probably my favorite movie of all time.
6. I once high-fived Senator Joe Biden. One month later, he was elected Vice President of the United States. You’re welcome, America.
7. I tried out for season 2 of MasterChef. Since the most famous thing you know about me now is that I have this blog, it’s safe to assume I didn’t make it to Los Angeles .
8. The greatest day in of my life was the day of the 2008 Philadelphia Phillies World Series parade. It’s going to be pretty hard to top that.
9. I was once in a grade school production of The Wizard of Oz. As the Wizard himself, I completely forgot every single one of my lines.
10. I have never had a cavity in my life. Of course, I haven’t been to a dentist in like 10 years, so…
11. I once bleached my mustache to look like Hulk Hogan’s – in July. So no, it was not for Halloween.
Q & A:
1. What’s your favorite TV show?
It’s a toss-up right now between Homeland and New Girl. If you could combine the two though, you’d be on to something. Nothing says “show about a domestic terrorist” like a quirky Zooey Deschannel.
2. Do you have a special talent?
I can sing…so long as you like Bruce Springsteen or Bon Jovi.
3. Where would you go for a dream vacation?
I would love to eat my way through Italy.
4. Who is your hero?
I honestly don’t believe in them. If you try too hard to follow in someone’s else’s footsteps, you’re likely to veer off of your own path and lose yourself. Or Superman.
5. What is your ultimate burger?
Mix the beef with apple and bacon, then top it off with some gooey brie, served on a pretzel roll.
6. What is your dream job?
Since it’s a dream job, I’m a fully trained chef working in my own restaurant, but magically working normal hours so that I can still have a home life.
7. Do you have any pets?
I am and will forever be a dog person and am currently fathering a Puggle named Emma.
8. What was/is your favorite subject in school?
I almost changed majors in college when I took an interest in political science and am still very much into politics.
9. If you could go back in time, what era would you go to and why?
The Old West. I wouldn’t last five minutes, but it sure would be cool to have a horse and a cowboy hat.
10. What is your favorite dish?
It’s very rare for me to not have some form of chicken in the house. Chicken is like the ultimate blank canvas dish for me. You can do just about anything with it.
11. What’s one thing you love about yourself?
When I have a goal, I’m pretty hardcore about it. In the kitchen, I’m self-taught and always challenge myself. Outside of the kitchen, I pushed myself to become a runner and am looking forward to running the 10-mile Broad Street Run in Philadelphia next year. And the biggest hurdle of all – I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey over two years ago.
Questions for my nominees
1. If you could cook alongside any chef, who would it be?
2. Who is your favorite TV character of all time?
3. What’s the hardest dish you’ve ever tried to make?
4. In the movie of your life, who would play you?
5. What is your guilty pleasure in the kitchen?
6. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be, and would you use it to be a hero, a villain or just for convenience around the house?
7. If you could eat your way through any country, what would it be?
8. If you could live in any one city, which would it be and why?
9. There’s one food in the world you can ban forever. Which is it?
10. The world is ending and you can be saved, but you can only bring one item. What do you bring?
11. It’s been a long day at work, and you’re tired. What’s your go-to meal?
And here are my nominees!
1. Can You Stay For Dinner?
2. A Good Eat
3. Planet Snazzy
4. eat and relish
5. food to glow
6. Eat, Play, Love
7. a whisk and a spoon
8. Cookin’ and Shootin’
9. eclectic lamb
10. Uni Homemaker
11. a conscious appetite